Friday, August 20, 2010

Working with the Australian Women's National Baseball Team


Yesterday, I worked with the Australian National Women's Baseball Team. For three hours, I took them through defensive drills and Digital Hitting Analysis. The girls were so much fun! They hung on my every word and really got a lot out of the day. I was suprised to how sound many of their fundamentals were and how advanced training was getting in a non-traditional baseball country like Australia. Women's baseball is a subject very dear to me, as I was brought up on the game by my mother, who was an outstanding baseball player in her own right. I think it's great that these ladies were following their passion in a sport with very little opportunity for advancement. They are truly playing for "The love of the game!" It was great to make some friends and memories for the day and hope they do well as they travel the United States playing in some of the legendary stadiums from the Women's Professional Baseball League of the 1940's, featured in the movie, "A League of Their Own."

No comments: