Friday, August 20, 2010

Recently been named USA Baseball NTIS coach


September 9-11 I will be heading back to Cary, NC as a instructor for the USA Baseball NTIS. NTIS is part of the selection process to help identify the top players in the country to play for Team USA the following year. I have recommended players that I work with for this event in the past that have fared very well. In fact, last year, Andrew Owen (Chicago) was one of only a few Midwestern players to make USA Baseball's 40 man roster. I had been teaching Andrew for 5 years. Because of the success my players have had at NTIS, I am now involved as a coach and a committee member who chooses players for a 5 state region. We chose the teams today and I have several more players who have worked with me that are playing in the event. Cary, NC has become my second home for the summer and I look forward to being there for another week upcoming.

No comments: