Thursday, May 20, 2010

10 Year Old Future Stars and the Importance of Training Frequency


I'll have to say that this year my "Inbox" has been flooded everyday with more positive results from my students than any year previously. While I'd like to pat myself on the back, the true difference has been with the training frequency of my students. I rarely have new clients anymore, because my waiting list continues to be flooded with my regulars that I can't even get into my schedule. With this being said, I have trained my students "How to train" as much as I teach them mechanics and approach.

By the end of a 30-60 minute lesson, the student and I can usually get it right. But, the temporary change only "sticks" if there is the same repetition going on at home. My students are all serious baseball guys and girls, and they have bought in to how important the maintenance work is. My students see results in games, and this makes training on their own more fun and productive. Here are two of the emails from yesterday from two of my youngest students. The picture is of Jack V. who I've had a number of times since he was 7. He and Jake's mechanics match up to some of the best big leaguers!

Justin,

I hope all is well with you. The tune up you gave Jake worked wonders!!! He is now staying tall and hitting nice even line drives. Out of the last 10 at bats he has had 2 doubles, 6 singles, 1 sac fly and 1 strike out.

Here are some pictures of his pitching. He pitched 3 out of 3 hit less innings on Sunday:)

As always, we thank you!!

Rach


Hi Coach Justin,

Jack is looking forward to attending your "Slump Busters" class again this summer. You may remember that he also attended your spring training hitting class. Your class has given him real drills that he can do on his own to maintain a strong swing. This will be his 3rd summer in your class and he is only 10!

Just wanted you so see how he is doing. See you in a few weeks!

Thank you,

Dana V.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to put my son into a training camp. Does anyone know where I can sign him up for baseball lessons in San Jose?